Saturday, March 16, 2013

Teaching the Youth on Godly Relationships

Madolenihmw, Pohnpei
Saturday, March 16, 2013

Teaching the Youth on Godly Relationships
Every weekend youth travel from all over Pohnpei to be a part of the Every Home for Christ youth group in Pohnlangas, Madolenihmw. The Every Home for Christ leadership has been teaching on godly relationships. They asked if our Iris Micronesia team could help teach on the subject. We were glad to so last Saturday night, Jesse and Tanya shared their testimony of how God brought them together.

.
I was asked to continue to share on the subject the following week. The MDMI students and EHC workers were having a retreat at Nihco Marine park in Sokehs on Thursday, so Amy asked if I could share on godly relationships that evening, as I was already planning on camping and spending the night there with them. After a time of worship I spent a couple of hours sharing on godly relationships and sexual purity. At times it was serious, but at other times everyone was laughing so hard I thought they wouldn't stop laughing. earlier in the week I bought string to make necklaces and gathered old keys. After walking everyone present through cutting soul ties, each one made a serious commitment by taking a key on a necklace which symbolizes the "key to their heart." By taking the key they all committed themselves to sexual purity, not giving themselves away to anyone else, and on their wedding night, giving the key to their future spouse saying, "This is the key to my heart. Tonight I am giving it to you as I have saved myself for you to this day." It was an amazing time together.

.
The following Saturday I gave the same message to the youth group in Pohnlangas, Madolenihmw and the youth came and took the keys as well. Amy thought that the message is so good that I should share it at the College of Micronesia with the college students this Saturday. I am so glad that biblical truths on godly relationships, my silly stories and testimonies and these keys on a necklace can very possibly make a dent on the youth culture here in Pohnpei where sexual purity and godly relationships has not been championed.
.
Christian Jung


No comments:

Post a Comment